Balblair Distillery

Balblair Distillery, owned by Inver House Distillers, Airdrie, is situated in Edderton, the 'parish of Peats', about five miles east of Tain. Established in 1790 on Balblair Farm, the distillery was moved in 1895 to its present site adjacent to the railway line. A plentiful supply of soft peaty water flowing down the Struie Hill through Balnagown Estate is used in the production of Balblair Single Malt Whisky. During World War II, military personnel were billeted in the warehouses during training for Artic manoeuvres.

Balblair Distillery

Site Info

The Tain Community Website is run by the Tain Initiative.

Photo Credits | Privacy Policy